Thursday, 13 December 2012

Have you heard about 'Project Life'?

I love scrapbooking, but sometimes I feel like I really don't have the time, patience or money to do a proper scrapbook. I'm planning on starting one up over the Christmas holidays (I've finished university for this semester, yay!) that's filled up with all my photos from the last year, but lately I've also liked the idea of documenting every day life as well.
I'm not interesting enough to do a diary or journal, and I wanted to incorporate photos. SO, I had a snoop around the bloggersphere and I discovered 'Project Life'.
'Project Life' is a concept designed by Becky Higgins, and it combines scrapbooking, journalling and memory keeping in a really simple way. You can buy the binders, photo pages, paper and lovely little core kits from Becky's website (the English and European shop is HERE) or from Amazon, and the process looks so quick and easy, with gorgeous results.
image source
I think the reason I like the idea of 'Project Life' so much is that it can be anything you want it to be. You can do a photo every day, you can do a two page photo spread for every week... you can be as creative as you want. The challenge is to complete a whole years' worth of memories, but you do it at your own pace and exactly how you want it.
I'm very, very tempted to use some of my christmas money to buy a Project Life set, especially as I think it would be a great way to showcase Instagram or Instax photos. (I'm supposed to be getting a fufjifilm 210 wide for christmas, eeek!)
 
If you're interested in finding out more I suggest looking at Becky Higgins' website, or Ali Edwards blogs about her scrapbook every week HERE if you want to see it in action!


6 comments:

  1. I love this idea!
    I have a little scrapbook that I've never used because its so beautiful I'm scared I'm going to ruin it :| ... I'm thinking if I start something like this I'll feel a bit more confident to move on to the scrapbook (I've had it about 5 years now :|) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that sounds like a good plan! :) x

      Delete
  2. this is really cool! i have to look more into it! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    DaisyGem Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the finished scrapbooks must look so good :)

      Delete
  3. this is such a lovely idea!
    deffinately going to order some bits and start a 2013 one next year:)
    love your blog layout, so cute!
    follow me back?:)xx

    hollllisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really tempted to start one for 2013 as well, I love the look of them. I'll check out your blog :D xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx