Tuesday, 21 January 2014

My HUGE Cath Kidston Collection

So, today I realised something. I have a huge Cath Kidston addiction... I think it's verging on a problem. I mentioned on my YouTube channel a few videos back that I wanted to do a Cath Kidston collection video, and since then it's become my most requested video. Unfortunately, I've since moved back to university and today I noticed that I'd left a large chunk of my collection at home.

SO, for now I've put this blogpost together, and it's split into 3 parts. Firstly, we have the items I brought back to university with me, secondly there are the items I own but have left at home, and finally we have my Cath Kidston wishlist... because yes, despite my huge collection, there are indeed many, many more items that I'm lusting after.

Without further ado, these are the beautiful items I have with me at university.

First up, I have this gorgeous wine glass and tumbler duo. They're made out of plastic but hold up well in the dishwasher, and are perfect for university when I want to feel a bit fancy. I'm thinking of using the tumbler as a pot to store my lipsticks in though, as I don't want to wash it too many times and end up ruining it.


Next up, my handbag essentials. I have two little mirrors, one of which came with a makeup bag, and the other I bought by itself. I then have my key fob, (hoping to get another of these soon for my car keys), and a little hand cream. I have three of these hand creams, they're called the Blossom Trio and they smell amazing.


Now for the makeup bags... I'm embarrassed to say that I currently own four. Yes, four. BUT, to defend myself, they're all different sizes and styles, and all have different purposes. The largest one is a folding toiletry bag, and I use this when I stay overnight somewhere, or when I go on holiday. The small one in front of that is what I keep my everyday makeup essentials in, as it's nice and small for my handbag. The makeup bag next to that is what I transport my favourite nail varnishes in when I move between university and home, and the larger makeup bag behind that is what houses the rest of my makeup whilst I'm at university. (I still haven't sorted out any storage!)


These two purses are also staples in my handbag. The blue zip purse is like a Tardis; it fits SO much in it and is perfect for a receipt hoarder like myself. The white pencil case-style purse houses my keys, pens and highlighters for uni lectures, a hand cream, a mirror, lip balms... it's a little bag of treasures haha.


I then have this beautiful glasses case, and two ticket holders. Yep, two. Because clearly, one isn't enough. These hold my driving license, student cards, uni ID, railcard etc etc, and I just think they're adorable.


This is a little camera case that I keep my point and shoot digital camera in. It's lovely and has such a soft lining. The memory card slot on the inside is super useful too.


Finally, my favourites! These are the two Cath Kidston bags that I brought back to university with me. The day bag on the left is almost permanently attached to my arm, I absolutely love it and it matches pretty much all of my autumn/winter outfits. The larger, cream bag on the right is a new purchase, I bought it for weekends away and for moving my laptop to and from lectures or the library. Like all my CK bags they're both beautifully made and I adore them.

I also have two mini photo frames from Cath Kidston here at uni with me, they're in the main photo at the top of this post but I couldn't for the life of me get a decent photo of them by themselves!

Next, I've put together a little list of all the other items that I own, but have left at home. Brace yourselves, there's a lot of stuff in this photo!


1. A passport holder in the same birdy print as one of my ticket holders. I actually have two passport covers, but I couldn't find a photo of the other one anywhere... I assume the print has been discontinued.
2. A gorgeous little manicure set that I received as a Christmas gift from my grandparents a few years ago.
3. This isn't the exact box bag I have, mine is slightly larger and is in the white and pink Chelsea Rose print.
4. A pink spotty dog collar! I bought one of these for my cocker spaniel, Ruby. I plan to buy a red one next.
5. A beautiful journal, that I don't use nearly enough. All the inside pages have gorgeous floral borders.
6. A little coin purse that was a gift from my sister. I don't often use it but may start putting my change in it.
7. A crush mug, a new purchase from John Lewis. I LOVE this mug and think the pattern is perfect.
8. My messenger bag, which I used to use everyday for lugging college books around.
9. Yep, I have a second crush mug. This one is actually at university with me but I forgot to photograph it.
10. Almost every year I buy the mini diary that CK releases, this is the 2012 one (my favourite of the bunch).
11. My fifth and final bag is one of the book bags. I used to use this all the time at college.
12. My second Cath Kidston notebook, which I used lots in 2012/13 for jotting down YouTube ideas.
13. This isn't the exact phone case I had, but I used to have an iPhone 3gs and had a CK case like this one.
14. Again, this isn't the exact case (mine's discontinued), but my iPod touch has a lovely CK case.
15. I purchased this travel wallet before my holiday to Rome, and then forgot to take it with me!
16. Finally, I have one of the skinny pencil cases. Doesn't get much use now, but an old favourite.

So, as you can see, I do indeed have a Cath Kidston hoarding problem... but as far as obsessions go, I think it's a pretty good obsession to have. Just to encourage you guys to go and get addicted to her products yourselves, here is my current wishlist:

This beautiful iPad cover and a gorgeous iPad case to go with it, this makeup brush set, and this amazing cosmetic bag. *Sigh*, Cath Kidston products are just so purdy.

Do you have anything from Cath Kidston? What is your favourite item?

19 comments:

  1. I have the manicure set and a school bag from cath kidston. They are good because they last forever !

    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own much from Cath Kidson apart from their multi purpouse balm, and it's amazing! Definitely my saviour for chapped lips!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look amazing, I love everything with floral prints. I`ve just nominated you for a Liebster Award, here are the details: http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/second-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love Cath Kidston so I'm very jealous! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the items were gifts or bought from discount CK shops, like the one in Gunwharf :) They're great places to snap up deals x

      Delete
  5. Love this post!!! I love cath kidston������!!!butterflybeautydiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooooow that's a lot of CK goodies!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, I was almost embarrassed to put this post together lol :) x

      Delete
  7. i have ordered a notebook and hand creams and cant wait to buy more next month

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm developing a Cath Kidston problem, it's so addicting, I have one everyday bag (pembridge) and I'm shortly ordering more items as soon as I can narrow down what I can afford for now haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx