Friday, 21 February 2014

We Go to Garden Centres...














Quite a few members of my family are pretty into gardening and flowers; especially my youngest brother Liam who's twelve, and my Nan on my Mum's side of the family. I spent most of this weekend home from university, and when Monday rolled around and I had no lectures, I thought I'd tag along on a trip to a local garden centre with my Mum, Nan and brother. Now don't get me wrong, I love flowers... but I mainly join them on these little escapades to drool over the gorgeous homeware that these places often stock, lust after all the baking supplies, and to eat cake in the café that is undoubtedly going to be attached to the garden centre.

This time though, I thoroughly enjoyed having a peek at all the flowers, and if you can't tell from the photos... Primroses are definitely my favourites! I did pick up a few bits and pieces for when I redecorate my room at home (I'm moving back in April for at least the next year) and that bunny calendar was just £1 in the end, bargain! Of course, I couldn't say no to that bunny candle holder either, could I? Someone needs to take away my bank card.

PS: Sadly, my Dad's Mum, my beloved Nanny Annie, passed away on Tuesday evening. I wrote this post originally on Monday night but I've come back and edited it just to say that if I'm absent for a little while, you now know why. I have some pre-written posts though that just need to be published, so hopefully you won't notice if I take a break at all and will still have plenty to read! If this experience has taught me anything it's that time is so precious, and we all take it for granted. Give the ones you love a cuddle from me, and spend your time wisely xx


6 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Sorry about your nana's passing, I hope you're okay. Take all the time you need x

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks so yummy... I'm hungry now! Sorry about your nana, hope everything is okay. :) xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, we're all holding up okay :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooo that cake looks so good ! It's actually a lot prettier than you expect ! Sorry to hear the bad news...
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx