Tuesday, 18 March 2014

The Happiness Jar..

Back in December 2013, I came across an idea of Tumblr that I knew I had to try. You get yourself a jar, and every time something really good happens, or something little makes you smile, you write it down on a bit of paper and pop it in the jar. 

I am terrible for dwelling on the negatives, and so a little project like this is perfect for me. On New Years Eve this year I'll sit down and go through all the little things that made me happy this year... there's already quite a few in there!

I just used a jar that I already had lying around, and tied some ribbon and twine around the lid. I haven't gotten around to replacing the label yet, but I'll do that at some point. Do you think you'd enjoy this sort of thing? Will you be giving it a go? 

14 comments:

  1. I have one of those jars! I've written a post and made a video about it too! I call it my "2014 memory jar". It's such a great idea and I love that you're doing it as well!! It's so great and at the start of next year it'll be so fun to read back all the little things that will happen this year! Yours looks WAY cuter though :p

    tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'll have to have a look for your post and video :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice idea! The jar you've picked is actually quite retro and cute too!

    Holly / Faceldn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old fashioned sweet jar, I love it :)

      Delete
  3. I've seen this but I never actually got around to making one of my own, I may have to start one because I think it's a really lovely idea! Also, I tagged you in the Whole Lot of Questions tag if you fancy doing that at all this week!
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure I do that this week! :)x

      Delete
  4. I am doing this too ! Although I think I need to put some of the smaller memories in - after all these are the ones which are more likely to be forgotten ! I also really need to decorate it too !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was thinking that I need to remember the little things :) x

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely idea, definitely think I will try this!
    Lizzie xx

    lizzieharrisonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for New Years Eve when I can read through them all :) xx

      Delete
  6. Awesome idea and super cute jar! I would love to try this but i'd probably be to excited from the good things that happen in my life to write them down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah sometimes it takes me a few days to add things to the jar :)

      Delete
  7. I love this idea! :) I'm trying to be more positive so this should help.
    Nice blog. Keep in touch?
    Olive Needs Popeye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps with positive thinking :) And thankyou!

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx