Monday, 7 April 2014

Sunday Snippets #9

Filming / Essay writing / Late for a lecture, waiting outside in embarrassment! / Collapsed on my bed and didn't move for three hours / Boyfriend engrossed in his phone / Favourite skirt / Old photos on Mother's Day / Empty uni room, yay! / Teddy Bun looking like a loaf of bread / New camera! / Ruby Dog / Teddy Bun / Pud and Cupcake / Arm candy / Scrapbooking haul / Organising Rome photos for my travel journal / Pastel love / Best discovery, strawberry tic tacs! / 3 photos from my brother's 17th birthday / Missguided order / Wotsit Bun's 1st birthday! / Travel journal srapbooking
The last few weeks have been totally hectic! I moved out of my university house finally, spent the weekend with my boyfriend, and tried to begin emptying all the old rubbish from my bedroom.

This past week I finally purchased the Canon 1100D camera and I'm totally in love with it. It's perfect for someone who is completely new to DSLRs, and takes lovely photos. I'm trying not to just leave it on auto, but I think it'll take lots of practice before I'm used to all the manual settings! As you can see, I did a little photo shoot with some of the pets and I love the results.

I've done far too much shopping this week... other than my camera, I've bought scrapbooking supplies, clothes, shoes, a new bag and books for my dissertation. I'm now on a spending ban until my boyfriend and I book our holiday! I had a mini panic as I realised that I don't have a job for this summer (no way am I going back to my previous job) so I really need to find something by May! I've been applying for nannying jobs all this week and putting my CV on lots of websites. If all else fails, I'll hopefully be able to get a reception or admin job somewhere, or there's always the dreaded work in retail...

Other than that, I've been working on my travel journal, celebrating a couple of birthdays and I spent another lovely weekend with my boyfriend. We saw Divergent on Friday night and went for a Nandos on Saturday... perfect ;)

What have you been up to lately? 

7 comments:

  1. wow im so jealous you got that new camera!! im also jealous that you went to nandos ive not been in ages! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/you-can-follow-me-on-instagram-starting.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha both Nandos and the camera are pretty great :P x

      Delete
  2. I need to find a job but I'm failing miserable :( horrible not having a job

    Tabitha xx tabithacourtney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I do still have a term time job at my university so I'm sorted until the end of May, but I'm dreading trying to find something for Summer! x

      Delete
  3. Wow that's a lot of photos. Your pets are so cute ! Awww. Sounds like a very crazy week ! With a lot of strawberry tic favs sprinkled on top :)
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm itching to try a camera like your new one. Mine is great, but it doesn't have a view finder and I'm really missing it. Weird, right? Love the photos you've taken already!

    pierrelecat | fashion jewellery blog

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx