Tuesday, 20 May 2014

My New Dressing Table








I wanted a dressing table for so long, and a few weekends ago I FINALLY bought one. I found it in a local antique shop, along with the chair I'm using with it. The mirror was £9.99 from The Range, and it matches the dressing table perfectly... such a bargain and I'm so thrilled with it! The little fake plant in the white pot is also from The Range, and it was £2.50.

The lamp is from Sainsburys, and was just £4.50 in the sale. The heart shaped bowl housing some of my everyday makeup products was also from the Sainsburys sale, I think it was £2. The little macaron trinket box was from notonthehighstreet.com. The tiny jug is from the same antique shop as the table, and the cream wire rack holding my makeup was from TKMaxx.

The fresh flowers (carnations and gypsophila) aren't on my dressing table, but they're sitting on the window sill next to it; I just think they add a little something. Fresh flowers really brighten up a room and I love picking them up from supermarkets where they're fairly cheap.

I'm really loving having somewhere to sit and do my makeup, despite the fact that I've had to sacrifice my desk space! What do you think of it?

14 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty and really cute! A great addition to your room! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!
    It looks so simple yet cute :)


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dressing table is so lovely and you've decorated it really nicely, I love the lamp and the chair! Definitely worth sacrificing the desk space :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty, I love it and everything was such a good price! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah in total it was all less than £200, a pleasant surprise! x

      Delete
  5. This is just so pretty! x

    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely, what a great find! It's making me excited to redecorate my room in the summer :) Kathleen xxx

    kathleenpavey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting isn't it! All I need now is a new bed and my room is all done :) x

      Delete
  7. cute blog hun! following you on bloglovin, gfc and insta now xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blog sweetie and your dressing table looks adorable. I am now following you on GFC. Can't wait for more posts soon!
    Georgia | Brew up Buttercup
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx