Thursday, 19 June 2014

Could you write one line a day for five years?


For as long as I can remember, I've had countless unused, half-filled or totally ram-packed journals sitting on a shelf. I love keeping a diary, but sometimes a large, blank page is just too intimidating for me... and at various times in my life, I've given up journal-writing altogether. Now that I scrapbook, I do have written records of events that have happened in my life, but the idea of a five year memory book really appealed to me.

Not only is this journal beautiful and compact, but I absolutely love the concept. Writing one line a day is so very easy, and requires barely any effort at all. I turn 20 at the end of August, and having a written record of the first half of my twenties just seems like such a cool idea. I feel as though it's going to be a time of great change for me, and I can't wait to look back over it in years to come.

I feel like by the end of five years this journal is going to be pretty beaten up, but for me that just adds to the charm. I can't wait to get stuck into this every day. In case you're wondering, I got this on Amazon for about £7.

Does this sound like something you might enjoy?

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of books like this. I know I'd probably get a month in and forget all about it though! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've set a reminder on my phone so that I don't forget :')

      Delete
  2. I really need to get one of these but I'm notoriously forgetful haha! I do keep a standard diary though, and have done for 16 years now!!

    I've just discovered your blog and it's gorgeous! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Southampton meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Very excited to meet everyone too :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so cool. Do you think you could post some of the things you write in it too ?
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of this book! xx
    http://millie-moments.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, I started a gratitude journal and a planner that's about all the documenting I do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx