Tuesday, 10 June 2014

IKEA Cacti Garden




Now I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely hopeless at keeping plants alive. Cut bouquets of flowers are fine... actual houseplants are not. Those babies die quicker than you'd think is possible. My house is where plants come to die, if you will ;)

BUT, I absolutely love cacti and I think the mini ones are adorable, so on a recent trip to IKEA with my Mum I picked a few up, and potted them in this gorgeous crochet pot from a local antique store (it has a clear plastic plant pot inside it). All I did was pop some compost and soil in, arranged the cacti in a way that I liked and voila! My top tip, is to wear gloves. Those spikes hurt, haha.

If you'd like to see what else I got from IKEA, I filmed a video over on my channel. Here it is:

 

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!!


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute idea! don't worry, I'm absolutely hopeless with keeping plants alive as well lol :) Jenny xo
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I loved looking at your video, Chloe! :) Your blog is super adorable and I love your ikea products! I have that white frame as well <3
    i love ikea succulents and cacti! & I totally feel you on the whole part about houseplants dying--mine are slowly withering and I'm so sad :/ butttt hopefully i'll make another trip to Ikea! :)
    Anyways, love your blog and can't wait to see more!
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ GIVEAWAY ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Creme de la Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment <33

      Delete
  4. I love it. Did you put the pink flower in as an extra or was that one of the cacti ?
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx