Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Wrecking Wednesdays | My Wreck this Journal Progress







I thought I'd post a few photos today of my Wreck this Journal progress. These are only a select few of my recent pages, but I didn't want to overload you with photos! First of all, you might notice that the outside of the journal looks different. I covered it in scrapbook paper and washi tape, and I've been using a cute little ribbon to tie it shut; it's already getting so fat!

I must admit, I'm cheating a little bit. Obviously, the object of the journal is to destroy it, but instead I've been using each page as a creative prompt rather than an instruction. For example, on the "Tear out and crumple" page, I wrote a quote from The Velveteen Rabbit. The quote is about how a toy is not "real" until it's been loved and cuddled to bits, all its fur has rubbed off and its eyes have fallen off. Essentially, it's been crumpled... get it? I loved The Velveteen Rabbit as a child, and when I saw someone online use that quote I knew I had to do it too.

Another cheat is the "Climb up high and drop the journal" page... I drew the house from UP with all the balloons, haha. I love how colourful and non-destructive it is :P

I post a video every Wednesday on my channel about my Wreck this Journal, head over there if you'd like to see more of them. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Great Blog post! Please check out my latest blog post!:)
    http://styleebeautyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is super cool. So inspiring for my Wreck This Journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww this is amazing so far! I've been thinking about getting a Wreck This Journal for a while but I don't know if I'm creative enough to make it all cool- the pictures on tumblr and pinterest have set the bar high!

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I felt like that too, but I just went for it anyway! It's so much fun :)

      Delete
  4. I recently found my Wreck This Journal again and I'm so glad I did. In some ways I wish I'd kept mine as pretty as yours, although destroying mine has been fun.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! I can't decide if a wreck this journal would be good for me, i'm not one for following instructions tbh haha for me being creative is about doing your own thing - which you have done! It looks lovely, and tying it with a ribbon is a good idea! Came across your blog from A is for Aileen in her advertiser's post (she featured my blog too!) and I love love love your blog! New follower and will be having a wee stalk through many posts ;) xo

    amber love

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx