Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Croatia Pt. 3 | Travel Chatter






Hello everyone!

As promised, I'm back today with the next installment of holiday photos. These pictures are a couple of my favourites from our day trip to Plitvice Lakes, which is a stunning National Park about an hour and a half away from Zadar. As you may be able to tell from the photos, it absolutely poured down with rain for most of the day, which is evident in the rain splatters on the lens of my camera! 

The scenery was absolutely incredible, I was totally overwhelmed. We went on a guided tour of the park, and it took us about two/three hours to walk round it. There are over 100 waterfalls at Plitvice, and a number of beautiful lakes. The water is so clear and warm (you're not allowed to swim though, as it's a National Park) and honestly it was just breathtaking, the photos don't do it justice. There is also a gift shop and café, which seemed to offer quite a nice selection of both hot and cold food.

If you're ever in Croatia, I 100% recommend visiting Plitvice Lakes, you won't regret it! I'd also recommend Krka Waterfalls which is similar, but you can swim there and it looks absolutely stunning. Unfortunately we didn't have time to visit there, but it looked like a gorgeous place to swim and hike. 

I'll be back soon with my final installment of photos, from the beautiful Preko!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures! Looks like you had an amazing time! :) xx

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx