Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Birthday Presents! | 2014




Hello everyone! You might remember from my last post that it was my birthday on Sunday, and I thought you might like to see some of the presents I received.

I know some people take offence to this type of thing so I'll throw a little disclaimer out there; everything in the following post/video was indeed given to me for my birthday, as gifts, and I am a very lucky girly. If you don't like this sort of video/post and see it as "bragging", then you don't need to read on... I just thoroughly enjoy seeing what other people get for their birthday, and thought I'd share my gifts with you.

Now that's out of the way, onto the presents! My family and boyfriend spoiled me rotten; I received some money, books, stationery and a gorgeous bracelet from my boyfriend to name a few things. As you can see from the photos, my boyfriend also spoiled me with some flowers and some of the prettiest books I've ever seen! 

As a complete book nerd, I was obviously most excited about the new novels I was given. I was lucky enough to receive seven books this year;
  • Habits of the House, Fay Weldon
  • Devil's Consort, Anne O'Brien
  • The Virgin Widow, Anne O'Brien
  • The King's Curse, Philippa Gregory 
  • The Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum
  • Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov
  • Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen 
I've already read Lolita and Pride and Prejudice, but I didn't have a physical copy of them and my lovely boyfriend bought me the beautiful editions I had on my Amazon wishlist, along with the stunning Penguin Threads edition of The Wizard of Oz. Seriously, it's so beautiful that I almost cried. The first three books on the list are historical fiction novels that my Mum thought I would like (and I'm sure I will, they sound right up my street!) and The King's Curse is the latest novel in the Cousins' War series by Philippa Gregory, my favourite historical fiction author.

If you'd like to take a closer look at my birthday presents, here's the video!


Hope you're having a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I love posts like this!! Such great presents! I'm also such a book nerd, books for presents are the best! I've only actually read pride and prejudice out of that list, but am dying to read lolita! Sounds like you had a fab birthday *hugs* xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita is a pretty difficult book to get through really, the subject matter is very jarring and unnatural for me to read so it took me a while! Nabokov is a genius with words though. And thankyou! xx

      Delete
  2. The bunny air freshener is the cutest! I have a notebook where I write down all the things I'm happy about and it's nice to look through it every now and again to remind me of positive things. I hope you're getting on better with your anxiety and happy belated birthday! :) xx

    xxcharlou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww those are such thoughtful presents from your boyfriend! So incredibly cute. I'd never seen those Penguin Threads editions before but they look amazing :o

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have already bought the rest of the Penguin Threads books... oops! ;) They are stunning, will show them on here when they arrive xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx