Friday, 24 July 2015

Book Review: Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter


I kind of bought this on a whim (as in, it was £4.99 on amazon and it was midnight which = poor decisions haha) and I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it. In fact, I was going to return it as soon as it arrived, because non-fiction just isn't my thing. 

Being a bit of a magpie though, I was taken in by the pretty cover and after having a quick flip-through, I decided to read it. I'm glad I did! I skimmed over a few of the chapters (I'm really not that interested in fashion or makeup, and I've already graduated from school/college/university so some of the sections just weren't applicable to me) but on the whole it was really enjoyable and sweet. 

I don't really watch Louise's videos any more (I have no time to do anything any more! Haha), but even I could tell that she played a huge part in writing the majority of the book; you can really 'hear' her and I appreciated that. I loved her honesty (the dating stories were hilarious and the section about baby glitter made me a bit teary!) and I'll definitely be trying out some of those anti-baking recipes. 

It was a cute and uplifting read, just like Louise intended. I rated it 3.5 stars on Goodreads and would recommend it to those of you who need a giggle and a pick-me-up.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely review and cute pictures too, it looks like a sweet book so I might give it a read :)

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that in Whsmiths and was very tempted. May order it from Amazon now. Nice to see you blogging again :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx