Sunday, 8 November 2015

Kill a Kit and Layout Share! | September Like For Ever Kit



Hello! Finally back on the blog today, sharing the layouts that I made with the gorgeous Acorn Avenue kit from Like For Ever. It was comprised mostly of goodies from Pink Paislee's Cedar Lane collection, and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't photograph some of my projects properly, but you can find them all in the video at the bottom of this post. In the video, I also share all the bits that I had left from this beautiful kit.

This first layout documents how grateful I am for two of our dogs. Tilly and Bramble were stolen on the 1st October but thanks to a huge social media campaign, we managed to get them back very quickly. The ephemera pack included lots of bits and bobs that talked about being grateful, so that was perfect. I love the paper strips sewn on each side, and the little embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page. This was actually a scraplift of a beautiful layout that I saw on Pink Paislee's facebook page. (You'll soon discover that October was the month of scraplifting!)


My next project was a pocket page, Week 40 of my Project Life album. I absolutely love this page, which is a big deal for me as I'm so, so critical of my PL (in fact, I made another one this month which is not going to be included in this post lol. I hate it!) I cut down the 12x12 papers, used some of those gorgeous glittery thickers and lots of the embellishments. You can see this page in it's entirety in my Kill a Kit video.


I just love this layout. My motivation was running a little low, so I scraplifted a beautiful layout by Nicola Mardlin, the talented owner of Like For Ever. I fussy-cut the large flowers, used up some of the ephemera pack (because when else am I ever going to use fox die cuts!) and used one of those stunning glitter thicker words. It's not massively clear from my terrible photography skills, but the layout is sewn onto a black cardstock background. 


Ah, my first failed attempt at gesso and gelatos! I got a new bunny in October (technically I'm fostering him) and it took weeks to decide on a name, hence this layout. I actually really like the gelatos now but you can see in the pink section that it all went a little gloopy. I used arrows from the ephemera pack, and the wooden arrows, to draw more attention to the photo; layering in some stamping too. I love the title and the watercolour splatters.



Another bunny layout and another scraplift! Again, this was heavily inspired by a page on the Pink Paislee facebook page, I love the tags layered with the wreath behind the photo, and the way I watercoloured some of the phrases on the patterned paper. I later added some sewing to this layout, after I'd taken photographs (typical!)


As you can see, my layouts for October were very pet-heavy! This page documents my dog Ruby's favourite pose... so graceful right? Haha, not much. I used my gelatos again, but other than that the layout is just made up of simple layering, a few embellishments from the kit and another one of those mixed-alpha titles. As usual, I sewed the white cardstock onto a sheet of patterned paper.



Last bunny layout, I swear! I finally decided on the name "Rufus" for my foster bunny, so I made a layout to document it of course. More sewing and layering as usual, and I also went back to my July kit and used some of the Pinkfresh wood veneer stickers. 


This layout is kind of an extra; it was made primarily with my Acorn Avenue kit, but I made it after I filmed my Kill a Kit video. I used my final 12x12 sheet for the background, and used up pretty much all my scraps for the layers behind the photos. The cardstock and chipboard stickers are from an old My Mind's Eye collection, and I also used texture paste for the first time! I really like it, especially the background and the glittery thicker words.

So that's pretty much everything! Here is my Kill a Kit video;


Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and I will be back again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've managed to achieve with 'Acorn Avenue'... beautiful layouts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I've only just seen this! Thank you :) xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx