Friday, 20 November 2015

South East Bloggers Circle Meet Up!

Hi all!

No crafty post today, but I do have something exciting! I thought it was about time I sat down and put together a little post about the wonderful blogger meet-up I attended on the 9th November. It was organised by the lovely Jenny, who you can find here.

I had booked the 9th off work so that I could do a spot of Christmas shopping with my Mum, and then go to the meet-up without having to rush around! The meet-up began at 6pm and I must admit, I was so, so nervous walking up to Pizza Express. The restaurant had very kindly allowed us the use of their top floor, and Jenny and her Dad had set up the room with lots of goodies: I arrived, got my little name tag, and then went to meet everyone and look around.

Firstly, it was lovely to finally meet Jenny in person! We've chatted quite a bit over social media, but it's always nice to properly put a face to a name. We stood and talked for a little while, before admiring the goodies that Lush Basingstoke and Bee Good had brought to the meet-up. 



The Lush representatives did some demonstrations for us; a few bloggers got relaxing hand and arm massages, and we also got to see how some of the bath bombs work... it was so interesting to hear a little about how some of the products are made! Lush do so much positive work for the environment and planet at large, and it was clear that the girls were excited about the methods and products they were showing us. 


After a little while, some of the staff from Pizza Express began to load up the main table with enough food to feed an army! There were plates of antipasti, doughballs and lots and lots of pizza; so much so in fact that I think a couple of girls took some home at the end! This was all provided for us by Pizza Express, along with a complimentary drink at the beginning of the evening, and it was such a lovely gesture. I commented that everyone was eyeing the buffet hungrily, but no one wanted to go up first! Eventually we all crowded round and piled up our plates, before enjoying the food together and chatting about how/why we all started blogging or vlogging. As if I hadn't stuffed myself on pizza enough, we were then offered some salted caramel ice cream from Jude's Ice Cream. It was absolutely delicious! I loved that it was all produced in the UK, and that some of the profit goes to charity. 


After our food, we continued to enjoy browsing the products from Lush and Bee Good, before Jenny called everyone round to draw the raffle! The money raised went to MIND, a charity supporting those who struggle with their mental health and other issues, and it's a charity close to the hearts of several people at the event. Sadly I didn't win any prizes, but Jenny had gathered some fab items such as an Illamasqua make up set, and a hamper from Bill's which looked amazing. 

By this point I really needed to be heading home, and a few other girls had trains to catch. Jenny handed out the goodie bags (which I believe she said were donated by Life Tonics) and we took a quick group photo. I then bought a few goodies from the Lush table, and we were given some freebies too!


I had an absolutely wonderful time, and I'm so glad I went! I get very, very nervous before this sort of thing and nearly always talk myself out of attending.. really pleased I braved it as it was a lot of fun. I'd like to say a huge thank you to Jenny for organising the event, Pizza Express for the venue and food and finally, to all the companies who donated products towards the raffle or the goodie bags. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I'm sure everyone else did too! 

Have you ever been to a blogger event? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you and catch up! Had to agree it was a great event :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was great to meet you too! Hoping there will be more local events in the near future xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so cool! How did you get in contact with other bloggers from the area? I'm currently trying to connect with other UK bloggers as a lot of the Facebook engagement groups are in are American. Would be follow to follow some blogs that are close to home!

    Emma
    thehappyjournal.weebly.com
    thehappyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting! I read them all and always try to reply xx